FOr Immediate Hiring: CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Primary Care Clinic- LIHUE, HI 96766
Salary depending on experience
The Primary Care Clinic of Kauai is seeking an experienced CMA. Candidate must be motivated, positive, and professional.
• Obtains, identifies and records vital signs, prevention data, medications, chief complaints and other pertinent information; observes, records and reports pertinent patient symptoms, reactions, condition changes, and information; immediately identifies and reports to RN or practitioner all adverse observations, reactions, conditions, or emergency situations
• Prepares room and instruments for use during exam or procedure; assists practitioner with wide variety of patient care procedures and tests; collects, labels, and processes specimens as required by practitioner and in accordance with policies and procedures; performs point-of-care laboratory tests as authorized by policy and delegated by nursing supervisor
• Maintains and promotes clean, safe, and well-equipped environment for patients, family members, and staff; follows departmental and organizational directives to isolate and process contaminated instruments and supplies; cleans rooms, furniture, instruments, and equipment according to established policies and procedures
• Draws-up and labels medications on sterile and unsterile field for immediate verification and administration by the practitioner; verbalizes preparation and shows practitioner medication container; as ordered by authorized practitioner, calls patient prescriptions to pharmacy
• Working with practitioner on referrals and prior authorizations.
• Troubleshoots, refers and/or takes action to resolve problems concerning patients' accounts, building maintenance, payroll, medical records, and/ or other problems to maintain efficient operation of the clinic/office.
• Prepares and/or processes deposit slips, purchase requests and vendor invoices. Maintains employee time records documenting vacation, sick, productive and nonproductive paid hours to support personnel payroll.
• Acts as a liaison between hospital, physician, and clinic/office staff regarding services, billing activities, employees and/or patient services to ensure communication.
• Establishes and maintains office supplies and facilitates the ordering of needed supplies to maintain inventory.
• Provides back-up or fills in for other personnel as needed to maintain operational efficiency. Other duties such as prepares and types all physician letters, prepares requests for establishing new client accounts and provides back-up or fills in for other personnel as needed.
• Prepares and/or processes all requested reports as needed.
•Maintains documentation as required by regulatory agencies, policies and procedures.
• Graduate of post high school medical assisting program with 200 hours clinical externship, military medical specialist training or completion of two year on-the-job training in medical assisting
• Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification
• Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in interpersonal relations, customer service, detail-oriented, problem solving, teamwork, creativity/innovation, and meet variable workloads
• Reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English
• Training/giving and receiving instructions
• Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g. organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration, and alertness
Work Location: Primary Care Clinic of Kauai - North Shore Office.